Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Classic White Button-Down


Foundation pieces make or break your wardrobe. I don't care who you are, where you live, how old you are or what size you wear, a classic white button down should reside in your closet. As we have already established, I do not have your run or the mill style, yet I own about 7 different styles of white button-downs. Long ones, short ones, wrapped ones, fitted ones, these babies are like men, you can never have too many:)

I know that a common crisis for women is around the chest area and there never being enough room for "the girls". That is what they invented small brass pins or double sided tape for. Unfortunately, many designers have yet to realize their error (I am writing letters everyday to no avail:), so we must correct it on our own. Simple place a pin from the inside and catch as little fabric as possible while still making sure there is closure around the third button down. DO NOT let the pin show through the front. Tacky much? Double-sided tape is a bit easier to maneuver, but does not have the same longevity.

This style is from Ann Taylor Loft which is my go-to spot for a classic white button-down that darts properly for a fantastic fit. It actually is tailored to most real body types which is a rarity in this department. It also is completely reasonably priced, around $40, because most of these bad boys run you upwards of $85- $125 a pop. Seriously? I ruin the armpits within six months to a year so I look at this purchase as something that does not have a lifetime guarantee. I know, I am gross. Aw, fess up, you are too!

Ann Taylor Loft Button Front Shirt
$39.50

No comments: