Tuesday, December 16, 2008

What happened to Dallas?

Well I'll tell ya, nothing! I will preface this with an apology to all of those readers who live in the southern regions of the states: It does occasionally snow and life goes on, does an inch really warrant four hours of live coverage!?!? No, but my hit in Dallas was canceled for this exact reason. It is like they have never gotten below 50 degrees, never mind seen an inch of snow and a few spots of ice.

I was about to board the plane from Atlanta to Dallas today when I got a frantic call from my booker telling me not to get on. Apparently a winter storm had hit (um, OK) and they couldn't find the time to talk about last minute gifts with the overwhelming amount of snow (one inch) and ice. Thank god for my very individual beautiful white suitcase with gold crowns because otherwise they never would have found it and gotten it off the plane at the last second!

So here I am in St. Louis one day early and looking for ways to entertain myself on my surprise day off. It is not that hard for me as long as there is a spa and bar within a short distance. Therefore my tomorrow includes working out, checking out local boutiques, going to the movies (this is the only time I do it by myself so I feel like a trooper) and getting a facial and manicure. Tough life, but someones got to do it.

No comments: