Wednesday, September 12, 2012

NYC Street Style

Summer is coming to a close, but my friends and I had to get one more daytime concert in before saying goodbye. The MOMA has a small museum next to where I live in Queens (yes, I live in Queens on the water and love it). Every Saturday during the summer they throw a "Warm-Up Party" that goes on all day. Every hour is a different DJ and there is a big dance party where recess used to be. It is a fashion feast for the eyes, no jean shorts and t-shirts here.... Unless they are bedazzled with leather and gold jewelry:)

All of my friends had the same idea, comfortable yet super stylish. The crowd is very mixed, so as long as you have your own sense of style, you will look amazing. I went for a ghetto fabulous look with tons and tons of gold jewelry and a basic American Apparel tube dress. I seem to be into ghetto fab these days. The yellow RL messenger bag was my pop of color.




My bestie Danielle was also all about the accessories. Rebecca Minkoff bag, J Crew necklace and Sperry docksiders. Her pop of color was in her jeans and blue nail polish.

Boots are definitely in for summer and Grace was no stranger. Somehow she managed to make a flowy top and pearly with with grungy jeans shorts and Steve Madden brown boots. I love a good combo when it works....

No comments: