Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Missoni for Target: On the Scene

It has arrived.... Missoni for Target. The only problem is that it is already gone. I wish I was kidding. As the picture shows, by 10:30am this morning, Missoni had left the building. I thought I was so good showing up just 2.5 hours after Target in Queens opened, but apparently it wasn't good enough. I was told that just a half hour after the doors opened, everything was basically gone.

The best part of all of this is that I convinced my friend Jackie to come out to my place and then we would drive to Queens. Well, the car didn't start. So we hopped on the train and off we went to a store full of nothing. Thank God I am friends with people that have a sense of humor because a fashion show I promised and a fashion show you shall get.






When I say there was nothing left, I really mean it. We had to go to the kid's section just to play. My friend Jackie is teeny tiny so this plan was not all that bad. Unfortunately, the clothing was a bit of a let down.....

There were some pieces that were classically Missoni and other's that well, just looked cheap. Obviously the quality is going to be of lesser value since we are at Target and not Barney's, but you never want to be the girl wearing cheap, imitation Missoni.

In her best pout face, Jackie shows us what CAN work from the line. Some cute, throw on pieces that can put some funk in any look. Exactly what Missoni is all about. When buying a less expensive version of the original, go with non-fitted items. Accessories and loose silhouettes don't show off that the fit might not be perfect.






Try out a hat and gloves for example. It is the perfect Missoni pop to any ensemble. You know I look good in this hat made for a 2 year old. In fact, this line at Target is perfect for a youngster. You don't need to be spending crazy prices for the "real" thing. Have the best dressed toddler in town.

I do love this adorable dress. Easy, comfortable, stylish. Obviously it is a bit short, but if Jackie shrank to the size of an 8 year old it would be perfect. If it was her size, throwing on a dark pair of tights and high brown riding boots with be the best additions. Add a structured jean jacket and you are on your way!





Being a good sport, Jackie went the full mile. Without me even asking, she decided it was good for the post to model ALL of the items, including lingerie. Right over her pants, Jackie shows off Missoni's effort at patterned panties. Honestly, I think they are great!

In my professional opinion, it was definitely worth the trip to Target. If and when another shipment comes in, I will certainly be first (or 100th) in line. It is always good to mix and match high and low end pieces. Just use your discerning eye carefully and recognize the difference between inexpensive and cheap. It is a very fine line and never needs to be crossed!

No comments: