Monday, September 19, 2011

Best and Worst Dressed: 2011 Emmy's


This year at the Emmy's I was seeing red. Not because I was so angry that the celebrities gracing the carpet looked so bad, but because they actually were all wearing the vibrant color. It was almost ridiculous, dress after dress came down the carpet and 50% of them were red!

The actress that topped the long list of stylish "reddies" was Lea Michelle. I was completely obsessed with her Marchesa floor length gown. The front was simple with a fabulous structured shoulder and the back was to die for. The draped shoulder perfectly complimented the swooping drape on the back of the dress. It really was sheer perfection. The simplicity of her hair and make-up allowed the dress to shine and keep her overall look young and sexy. And kudos to her trainer, you have to be in seriously good shape to pull off a floor length sheath dress. That sucker doesn't hide anything!
















And now for the worst dressed (according to me:). I do dearly love Gwyneth Paltrow and her ability to choose bold and interesting red carpet options, but I felt this was a miss. I actually think that as skinny and toned as she is, the Pucci dress looked too tight. It showed off squeezed skin around her midriff. And what was with showing that area off in the first place? This would have been a great Grammy's dress, but Gwyneth, we are at the Emmy's here! The tulle shooting out from the bottom of the "top" part of the dress only solidified for me that it was WAY to crazy with this classy awards show.

And then there was the condom dress. Apparently "safe" dressing was on Julianna Margulies mind when preparing for the red carpet, only problem is that the dress was anything but! I also really love her and her style, but this strange space age concoction was just weird. I am often times much more constructive in my criticism, but sorry, it was just strange:) She could barely walk it was so tight! I think the final straw that threw it completely off was the structure of the bodice and the large, crystal beads. It really did remind me of a couture space suit.

So there you have it. My professional opinion has graced the internet and I am sure the world will be rocked. No matter what I think, the truth is that great amounts of effort go into the decisions of stylist's and their clients and I commend them for all of their valiant fashion attempts!

No comments: