Friday, September 23, 2011

The Best Accessory: Gold Watch Bonanza


I know I have already done a post long, long ago on gold watches, but this trend isn't going anywhere. Additionally, I literally just bought myself a new gold watch that I am totally obsessed with so I have "gold watch" on the brain. I have worn it everyday since I bought it as my recent posts show.

The truth is, in true bargain shopping fashion, I found what I considered to be the best deal of the century. I have been searching for quite some time for a watch that was not Michael Kors. I LOVE his line of watches, but everyone has them. I wanted to be not only different, but to somehow spend less then $250 (what his watches go for). It is a totally fair price for a piece that is going to be rocked 7 days a week, but there seemed to be nothing out there that had the same pop for the same price.

And then I came across a brand that has done me well. A few years back I went to the Armitron show room in NYC and they so kindly gave me a watch so I would keep coming back. Ah, perks of the job! I receive compliments on it every time I wear it and it keeps on ticking with no problems. I knew this baby had long term possibilities! A quick trip to Amazon and $70 bucks later, I was in gold watch heaven. Compliments keep pouring in and when I tell them the price they are shocked. Good job Salinger.

I was very close to purchasing a much more expensive style before I stumbled upon my Armitron.While traveling through Ireland this past summer, I found my dream watch. It is by a company that just came to the states, Folli Follie. Aside from the fabulous watch, they had an array of fun jewelry. Only problem was, it was $400. As noted, this was past my $250 limit. It is not that I didn't think it was worth it, I just couldn't see spending that much when I knew Michael Kors had a very similar, sturdy style for much less. So, my mission continued as I returned home.....

Let's still stand true to the most popular designer, Mr. Michael Kors. It really is a great watch. As you can see though, through this very scientific demonstration, these 3 watches are all super similar with 3 very different price points. I don't like to buy cheap, but I like to buy "reasonable". I think I found my perfect watch at my perfect pricepoint. Find what fits you.

No comments: