Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Carmelita Couture: My Fav Funky Designer













I was truly lucky when I found this designer. Carmelita Couture has the funkiest, quirkiest, sexiest design aesthetic I have seen in a long time. The best part about her clothing? The fact that you can rock out a bit without leaving your comfort zone.

Fashion week was not only about the actual runway shows themselves, but about the people attending that were walking their own personal runways. Of course I had to not only be included in this "real person" fashion show, I had to be the best:) To be the best, you have to borrow clothing from the best. I utilized my stylist hat to pull every single outfit I wore. Everyone that I met thought it was hysterical that I was a one woman walking store. Everything I had on was for sale and my big mouth was going to let everyone know!

Carmelita was kind enough to ship a few fabulous frocks to me overnight because I was running out of options! I knew wearing one of her creations would definitely make me stand out (in a good way!). The last day of fashion week I decided to push the envelope (for my comfort zone) a little bit. Now, no one ever said that I wasn't partial to a jumper, but wearing one in fuchsia and red was a bit of a leap for me. My roommate let me know when I tried it on at home that I looked like a very stylish character in Austin Powers. I said thank you and started making decisions about how to do my hair and makeup.... The greatest compliment I got was that I could have been in a fashion show circus. And guess what? I was already under the big tent and this is the biggest fashion show on earth so I felt I hit the nail on the head!!! Go me and go Carmelita. How perfectly did this jumper fit me? It was crazy because it could have been so wrong and yet it was SO right! Love it. Let's not forget to give a quick shout out to my handsome friend, editor and owner of TheFashionWalk.com, Keeniun.

And here we have my "sexy secretary with a funky fashion week twist" look. I like to get very specific when I am creating fabulous ensembles! Working 12 hour days interviewing people was hard enough, but preparing for my head to toe overhaul might have been harder! It usually takes me about 45 minutes to an hour to get ready on a normal day. I was giving myself at least an hour and a half during fashion week. I was my own fashion stylist, hair person and makeup person. For those of you not in the industry, it is VERY difficult to be camera ready for 12 hours when you are the one doing everything! When asked what was the most difficult part about fashion week, that was always my answer. It sounds crazy, but it is very tiring to constantly make sure your hair is in place, you are not shiny and your lipstick is properly applied. I am working on my entourage so I can stop complaining about this. Oh, the difficulties of my job:) Please see the ridiculousness of this statement.....

Check out www.CarmelitaCouture.com!!!

No comments: