Monday, March 23, 2009

TheTotally Tubular T-Strap Sandal


I became totally obsessed with the T-strap sandal about two seasons ago and it is still kickin'! It was the first shoe that I had found in a while that seriously complimented every outfit that I put on. Plus, I was moving into my more sophisticated portion of my fashion life (I emphasize fashion, not life:) and this shoe seemed like the perfect fit.

It is completely delicate and simple and does not distract or compete with anything else that might be making you look fantastic that day. It is a great purchase for any age and although it does buckle around the ankle, it is too fine of a strap to accentuate a possibly bulky calf. That is actually a key fashion concept, DO NOT buy shoes that have ankle straps unless you have smaller calves. Cutting off your ankle only defines and draws attention to your more hefty calf. It also helps to shorten your legs by literally putting a horizontal line through your vertical legs. If you must, buy shoes that have a very delicate strap such as this t-strap sandal.

These particular shoes are great in any color, but because of their possible versatility, I would choose a neutral color such as nude, gold or black. If you need your one "go-to" pair of sandals for the warmer months, I strongly suggest investing a pair of t-strap fabulousness.

Banana Republic "Kara" thin strap sandal
$69.00

2 comments:

Shana said...

These are cute. I have a question about sandals...I usually try to buy shoes that are good quality and will last. I often see cute, cheaper sandals but I look at them and think that they will be worn out by the end of the season. Are sandals something you should invest in or should you buy a little cheaper since they will wear out?

Amy Salinger said...

The truth is that even when you buy expensive sandals, depending on your lifestyle, you will probably beat those up too. I bought a pair of Stuart Weitzman sandals last year and they broke within a month!!! Just be smart and don't buy anything that literally looks like it is going to fall apart. Price tag and brand do not always determine how long something will last. Recognize quality even if you are in the discount aisle at DSW!!!