Monday, February 23, 2009

Lady in Red: Heidi Klum's AMAZING Oscar Gown


This dress was absolutely fabulous in every possible way. I may or may not have screamed like a little girl when I first saw it. Now, I know that she wore an architectural style ruby red gown last year, but I don't care. The color choice is based on her support for a charity! So you get off your fashion high horse right this instant!

She is literally right on cue with what is hot right now. The oragami-like affect of the straight lines and fold-overs is reminiscent of old-school Vivienne Westwood, but it is brought to you by modern day Roland Mouret. The color clearly set her apart and the dress fit her like a glove. It is insanely difficult to have a slit that high that doesn't look like she is about to "show us her goodies" at any second. Good job Roland. Alright, it doesn't hurt that Heidi Klum looks like Heidi Klum.

As for accesories, I love that she mixed a pale pink stone with such a vibrant red. It was certainly an unsual choice and I am all about making the surprising and unlikely work. I love myself a good layered look and her wrist looked like it was about to fall right off with all of the weight from her bracelets. Taking off one of her cocktail rings would have been my only alteration. As Coco Chanel once said, "Take off one thing before you leave the house!" Going along with her good samaritan role, one of the bracelts was a ruby and diamond piece that was specifically designed for Coke and her joint charity. It was meant to look like a lady in a gown, but I just saw a big red bow.

Moving on down, her red shoes were the perfect accent to this fun and vivacious look. If she had chosen to wear shoes in any other color, it would have taken away from the rest of the look. (Note: I do not usually like matching satin shoes. I feel like I am at my bat-mitzvah). She needed to have a certain flow quality to the bottom half of her ensemble, she did it perfectly.

Topped with a sleek new do, Heidi Klum proved to be modern, sexy and overall, just straight-up glamourous. Oscar himself would have approved.

Photo courtesy of Moviefone on AOL.com

No comments: