Saturday, November 29, 2008

Go Grecian This Holiday Season


Here we go again. Overwhelming crowds of people, "Jingle Bell Rock" for the 50th time and just one more cookie, make this season oh so merry. Oh stop your complaining, put on a cocktail dress and have another eggnog, it's holiday time!

Just because dressing up is so much fun, holiday party season is quite possibly my favorite time of year. And to celebrate this fabulous ritual of overeating while trying to look amazing, I am going to feature multiple styles of dresses for multiple ages and body types this chilly December. Get ready to look good stuffing your face.

Obviously this dress is not going to fit a whole lotta Christmas cookies, but it is definitely a great look that will set you apart from your fellow cocktail cohorts. Best for those who are slender or curvy in all the right places with a smaller mid-section, this dress is sexy yet appropriate. The color is not blarring, the rouching will slighly mask any lower stomach issues and the empire silouette will provide a proper space and hold for your "ladies". Adding bold, extra large earrings (don't mess with this neckline) and a cuff or cocktail ring will knock this look out of the park. An up-do with a braid here or there will solidify you as a greek goddess. Feel comfortable and confident singing "Fa la la la la, la la la la...." all the way to your eighth glass of egg nog.

Nicole Miller Matte Jersey One Shoulder Dress
$235.00


5 comments:

Shana said...

Love the dress! I too love dressing up for the holidays. And, to speak on your post about sales, I just bought this dress http://www1.bloomingdales.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=127252&PseudoCat=se-xx-xx-xx.esn_results on sale at Bloomies for CHEAP. The skirt part of the dress is a dark brown. I have black patent tory burch wedges that I want to wear with it. What color tights would you suggest? Would you suggest a black cardigan or blazer to tie in the black? Thanks!

Amy Salinger said...

I love that dress! Is the wedge round or pointed? Just wondering.... I would pick up a black tuxedo style short sleeve waist length blazer... I know that is a detailed description, but if you can find it that would be perfect! If not, a waist length black cardigan (with pearl or rhinestone buttons for flare) would be perfect as well. The length matching the break between the top part and the skirt is the most important part!I would wear a nude fishnet (with small openings) on your legs because black tights would be too overwhelming. Put a nude stocking underneath the fishnet for warmth, no one will even know you have them on:)

Anonymous said...

I love this style! I love the one shoulder style. Dresses that come off both shoulders can make you look like a linebacker. It adds so much girth. eck! This style is gorgeous and slenderizing. Love it.

Robin
www.SupernaturalBotanicals.com/blog

Shana said...

Amy, thanks for the suggestion of nude fishnets. I love that idea. I only ever thought about fishnets in black and have never been daring enough to wear black ones. My wedges have a round toe and the Tory Burch emblem in gold. The wedge heel is actually brown. I got them for 40% off! I love a good bargain! Thanks again for your help. I really look forward to all of your posts!

Amy Salinger said...

Hey Robin! Thanks for checking out my blog:) I looked at your and I love it too! Keep reading:)

-amy