Friday, September 9, 2011

Fashion's Night Out! Fab Parites, Fab Looks.

Believe it or not, this was my first Fashion's Night Out, otherwise known as FNO. I hosted an event the first year, was a good Jew and went home for Rosh Hashanna the 2nd year and finally went to all the parties this year. Totally worth the wait.

I got all dolled up for the big night and then promptly changed my entire look one minute before I had to walk out the door. Of course. I ended up wearing this vintage maroon dress from the 70's that I bought at a flea market in Chelsea. $25 purchase that had to be tailored for $95. I have worn it to weddings, afternoon drinking and now FNO. Worth the price.

I added a vintage warrior belt that I purchased at Salvation Army years ago. I threw on tons of bangles, from vintage to department store, added a jean jacket with the sleeves chopped off, and I was good to go. I was "this close" to throwing out the jean jacket from Forever 21 before i had the brilliant idea to re-vamp it into a vest. Genius!

Almost immediately after arriving, I darted across the busy crowd because I saw the most amazing necklace. On a truck that looked like it should be selling food, was a bevy of amazing pieces. A traveling store! The hostess just outside the Style Liner was wearing this unbelievable one of a kind necklace. I am in love. Big and over the top, it isn't for everyone, but it certainly will put a punch in any look!










From the most amazing necklace to one of the most interesting coats I have ever seen. The first spot I hit was Moschino. This piece obviously caught my eye. Never have I seen a high fashion house selling garments with teddy bears attached to the collar. Amazing. I really need to know who is going to buy this?? It was more humorous then anything. Needless to say, it was worthy of a picture!






As you stroll down the street, you never know what you are going to run into. This time, it was an outdoor rock concert at Vince. They covered the sidewalk with grass (so cool), and set up an area for the band. It defined the whole concept of FNO, a party on every corner.... Literally.









Moulin Rouge for anyone? Yes please. Another great "experience" of FNO was a red carpet set up for everyone to dress up like their fav Moulin Rouge character and take pictures. Sound cheesy? It totally was and it was totally awesome. It was a great excuse to stop and watch everyone make a fool of themselves. Always a good time. They had actors hired to play each character in the movie plus contortionists! It was truly fabulous.


The finale of the night was a prop posed shot. The new "it" accessory of the season is wide rimmed black glasses, why not go over-sized! It is time to go BIG or go home, it is FNO!


Overall it was a great night. Heck, it is one of the biggest parties of the year in NYC. Every store has free flowing alcohol and over the top promotions going on the get you into the stores. The streets are filled with people and visual stimulation for miles. It is what NYC is all about. Next year, same time, same place.

No comments: