Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Help Me Pick My New Headshot!!!!

I was lucky enough to work with Amy Fletcher last week and have some new headshots taken. Since I have had my "long hair" (I fully admit they are extensions) for a year now, I think it is about time! I walk into auditions and hand them a headshot with my chopped 'do and they always look thoroughly confused. Usually they have already seen my website and webseries and my hair is completely different in everything you look at! The greatest part is I am about to make my hair shoulder length after the new year.....:) As a final note, I know that some of these look very similar, but the differences are enough that I need your help!!!








PHOTO ONE: I am so accessible, stylish and fun:)
















PHOTO TWO: Ah, this is my sexy look and mischievous look. Is it working?:)























PHOTO THREE: I am a bit more business up front, yet there has to be a party following me in the back......






















PHOTO FOUR: A proper headshot, I am sweet (at least I appear to be:) and "the girl next door".















PHOTO FIVE:
Another "sexy" shot, I little bit of cleavage never hurt anyone's chances. My only fear is I kind of look like I have a pole up my tush.

10 comments:

Guacaholic said...

I vote for no. 1!

Amy Salinger said...

Thanks for your help!

Rachael Spiegel said...

Amy, these shots are beautiful, nice natural light and great wardrobe and hair (of course!) I think your smile is the most natural in photo 3.

Photos 1 & 4 also have some spirit in your eyes. By photos 2&5 I can tell your cheeks are starting to hurt! Your eyes say "can I please stop smiling?"

Honestly, I would have liked to see a broader a range of expressions. I think you have the exact same smile in each shot. I am saying this as a professional photographer with lots of love (since I adore your blog). While you have a great smile, it feels forced in some these images. I know how tough it is to keep a smile looking natural on a portrait shoot, but there are lots of ways.

I actually really like your expression in the portrait your photographer chose as the shot linking to your gallery on her website, although I get why you might not want to use a shot with books in the background.

Just my 2 cents.

Amy Salinger said...

I LOVE all the feedback (and detail:). I agree that my smile gets forced after a while.. I am no model!:)

The Small Fabric Of My Life said...

I prefer number one. Don't think 2 is appropriate for this kind of shot but the rest are great too.

Stephanie said...

A tighter cropped version of #3/

Melissa said...

i love photo #1.

She Who Snorts said...

Love Number 1! It is a mix of relaxed and exuberant (odd, I know) and comes across as someone who is confident in her skin and earnest to help others achieve that appearance in their own life.

none said...

Number three..

It's Meagan. Love the blog, first time I'm really looking at it, you have a lot of viewers!! , great headshots.
xo
meagan

Jennifer said...

vote for 1 or 3! good luck. happy new year!