Monday, August 3, 2009

Grecian Goddess Meets Biker Fab? Hell Yea!!!

I am all about a good combination. Peanut butter and chocolate, sweet and sour, Thelma and Louise... Grecian goddess and biker fab? Um, yes please. I own it, so I make it work. People, I get bored with my clothes too. Everybody, including a stylist, has those days where they feel like they "have nothing to wear". That is when I have to really step up to the plate and think about new and inventive ways to style what I got. I certainly cannot go out and buy something new everyday I feel bored with my wardrobe. That is not a reality for me and most of the universe out there! Make it work.

None of these pieces are too outrageous separately, but together they make one hell of an interesting and fun combo. White jeans, check. Grey tank top, check. Jean vest, check. Ok, maybe the jean vest is a push for most people, but almost everybody should own white jeans and a grey tank top! The jean vest is a creation that came simply from hating it as a jean jacket. I chopped off the sleeves and instantly created a biker chic jean vest. It certainly can be a bit masculine if it is not paired with a bevy of accessories. It is also definitely not a piece you want to wear if you have broad shoulders or thicker arms! The thick width of the shoulder on the vest will only accentuate these things!


To "feminize" my look and bring in the Grecian goddess feel, I added multiple bracelets, including my coin necklace worn as a bracelet. I also threw on my braided gold headband. I love a wrap around headband because it allows you to NOT do your hair that day:) I topped it all off with my tan leather and gold hardware handbag that is my go to piece for a neutral item that doesn't ever compete with my look, it just adds that special something! It is like gravy on top of my look... Mmmmmmm, gravy:)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I loved this outfit Ami!! you are AMAZING!!!!!