Friday, June 12, 2009

Leighton Meester: Best Dress at MTV Movie Awards


Well, it is better late than never..... I knew I had a post to write! This dress may have been controversial because of how many cut-outs there were (her tush is definitely exposed), but I thought she looked amazing. And this is my blog to rant and rave on, isn't it? I love a place where my opinions are king!

This girl is hot, let's just face it. She is obsessed with wearing really short things and why not? She has the awesome legs to pull it off. Plus it doesn't hurt that she is young and at the top of her career. Bitch. Just kidding Leighton, I love you.

This dress by Emilio De La Morena is one of the hottest pieces I have seen in a while. It definitely hits the mark without revealing too much (aside from a hint of a butt cheek as previously mentioned). It is the LBD gone insanely right. Clearly you cannot be any bigger than a size 4 to wear this very tight little number. Leighton seems to have been working out.

Her boots are Brie by Brian Atwood and damn girl, they are HOT. It is a little late in the season to be wearing booties, but she seems to do it effortlessly. I have a "no boots past mid-may" rule, but she has broken it well. They are quite simply the perfect compliment to her sexy mini. They are actually a purple suede that you can't see in this shot. Ug, another rule broken and done so well. I also try and veer away from suede in the warmer months. But as they say, rules are made to be broken and I say, "especially in fashion". If you can make it work, then you really are the fashionista you claim to be!!!

Photo courtesy of JustJared.com

No comments: