Friday, April 24, 2009

One Dress, Two Ways: Actually Wear Your Formal Dresses!


So here I am making you more jealous. Not only did I go away for a week and lie on a beach, now I am going to show you pictures too:) I don't want to hurt your feelings too badly, so I will just talk about my fabulous vacation style!

One thing I really hate is when people store clothing away for certain occasions... "This is my dress for evening weddings". Or, my personal favorite, "This is my funeral outfit". Seriously? Well, just take one look at my cute dinner ensemble and you will see that taking something from cocktail hour at your 3rd cousin's wedding to a date night in Florida isn't that difficult! You just need to own the right pieces and have a great on-line stylist to teach you how!

I bought this maxi dress at a vintage warehouse sale about 3 years ago. I actually paid just to get into the sale and spend money on clothing. I am crazy, but this stuff was amazing!!! This dress is circa 1970 and it still looking hot today. Usually I wear it with gold rope high heels, a long gold chain necklace (actually from a hardware store) and a gold clutch also circa 1970. But I ask you, why would I keep this fabulous frock tucked away in the back of my closet just for fancy occasions?

With the maxi dress being the hottest trend of the summer season, it is time to put this baby on display! By pairing it with a casual cropped white jacket and flat gold sandals, I have instantly made it more casual. Pulling in a white leather clutch with a tassle and layering on multiple bangles, I have pushed it even more into the "date night" category. My tousled hair and light make-up make this look perfect for a dressy, yet casual summer evening.

Love the pieces you own and let them shine!

No comments: