Thursday, April 2, 2009

Men's Layered Look for Spring



















I know I have been neglecting my male readership (I am sure it is huge:), but here is a great look for all of you wives and girlfriends to pass along to your men... Or just dress them directly. Spring is coming up and we are all excited for a change in wardrobe, even men. Who doesn't want to take off that big, bulky winter coat and reveal all of the lovely new and old items that have been waiting to shine! One of my favorite things about spring is that you don't HAVE to wear a jacket, you can layer up enough to make a cute and warm (enough) ensemble.

Take "Joe model" over here. He loves his easy, layered look. He is so happy that he looks handsome, stylish and feels comfortable all at the same time. His smirk says, "I know what is up, but I am going to be coy about my incredibly stylish outfit and let YOU compliment me on it". I love making fun of people that cannot talk back to me.

Let's dissect Joe's very functional and stylin' ensemble. A white blazer may not be your thing, but don't let the brightness of it scare you. Choose your own color palette, one that makes you feel hot. If you do not feel comfortable in your diggs when you leave the house, no one is going to convince you. Inevitably your pick-up rate will be far less. See, I look out for you.

This easy layered look is quite achievable and will look good on most men tall or short, fat or rotund. I love that the brightest color is coming from the lowest layer, the red polo. It is also fantastic because hopefully it will get too hot and you will get to show off that red polo! The key to a layered look is that every layer could stand alone. The thin navy zip up adds depth by placing a dark color between the red and white. In addition, the stand up collar is really the "cool" factor of the look that is very subtle. If stand-up collars are not your thing, put on a hoodie and have it drape down your back. Complete your look with a blazer (not a suit jacket!) and you will be ready for an afternoon of Sunday cocktails or dinner with your lady. Try, but don't look like it!

Look available at Banana Republic

No comments: