Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Sassy Spring Scarf


I know it is freezing outside, I live in New York City, but let's at least think warm. Let me set the tone... It is a crisp, sunny day. The birds are chirping, mother's skip with their children down the street and I twirl round and round through the park enjoying the fabulous day a la Mary Tyler Moore. I am also 5'9, 125 and resemble Stephanie Seymour.... Hell, it is my sunny fantasy!

Dreaming of warmer times only makes me brace myself for Spring shopping. I adore the Spring scarf, it is a representation of the hot months to come. It is a transitional piece that has many lives because it can be worn both indoors and outdoors. It instantly creates a messy bohemian look that would easily make Mary-Kate Olsen jealous. Plus, it is a simple way to put your own stamp of style on your outfit. Be creative and be you.

This easy and fun scarf reminds me of Missoni without the hefty price tag. At $85 it isn't cheap, but it rocks neutral tones that can really be worn with most basic looks and different styles of jackets. You can be a sophisticated bohemian, when mixing it with long gold chains and simple studs or be an earthy bohemian with mixed gold, wooden and beaded bracelets. Throw on a huge pair of hoops to top of the outfit. Scarves, like jewelry, are a quick fix to the age old problem of, "I have nothing to wear!". Yes you do.

Tolani Brown Weeds Scarf

$85.00

No comments: