Monday, January 26, 2009

Make a Statement (With your Earrings!)



















Now you know that I love the statement necklace, but seeing as I often change my outfit twice a day, I might need another statement piece of jewelry! Rounding the corner at a close second are statement earrings. They were the new big thing (like anything is ever that new!) at fashion week and I am sure they will be making their way into your hanging jewelry organizer very soon. This depends on how closely and religiously you are following my blog and all of the style knowledge I bestow upon you.

The statement earring is like bling for your face. At least it is the closest thing next to actual face jewelry. Seriously though, you want to highlight all that is fabulous about your gorgeous face and this is the best and easiest way to do that. Choosing a color, like these big guns, are a very quick way to brighten up your overall look and bring sunshine to your tired, I work way too much, face:) The key to the statement earring is to make sure they are big, very, very big. They don't need to be stupidly heavy, there are millions of styles out there that produce the same effects as heavier, earlobe drooping ones.

Owning these fantastic baubles means that you must show them off, don't hide them in your hair! I always suggest a ponytail with a slight poof at the front to highlight these lovely earrings. It is fun, playful and sophisticated at the same time. Using a head scarf is also another accessory that meshes well with a large earring. Just be careful that neither the scarf or the earring is too overwhelming because you will just look like someone puked fashion on your head. Never a good look. Keep your outfit fairly simple as well if you do make the bold choice of pairing a scarf and statement earrings together. Take the leap and the net will appear, you can do it!

Banana Republic Turquoise Hues Chandelier Earrings
$39.00

2 comments:

Shana said...

I have actually been looking at these earrings for quite some time now but I've never been sure if they would work with my chin length hair. It's not long enough to pull back into a pony tail. Any suggestions?

Amy Salinger said...

Short hair is the best reason to buy big earrings! I had short hair for most of my life and it gives you a great reason to show off your face and chic haircut. No need to pull it back, your hair is the right length for this trend!

-amy