Friday, December 12, 2008

Me in Albany. Columbus up Next!


Now, Albany may be a lovely little city, but this trip turned out to be a very large pain in my tushy. Quick re-cap just to make sure you can all share in my pain.....

I go through rush hour traffic just to get to the airport late and find out that my flight has been canceled. There is an ice storm in Albany, oohh, fun. I then get back in a cab, through more rush hour traffic, to Penn Station. I down a beer, because after 2.5 hours of travel and still being in Manhattan, I deserve it. An hour later I get on a train. Yea, a 3 hour train ride to icy Albany. We sit on the track for an hour somewhere around the 2 hours mark. Good times. I finally get there an hour later than expected. Final time, 7 hours from door to door for a trip that should take under three hours. Seriously?

Now, don't think that is the end. I know you didn't. I have a delivery (wine) coming to the hotel because I am talking about it on-air. Does it show up? You can guess... no. Next up, a cabbie pulls up two minutes before I am suppose to be at the station puffin on a cigarette with windows closed. Hi, can I be late and get cancer? Thanks sir.

And the grand finale! The news anchor, Betina in the photo, informs me that the trains are not running. Super. I end up at the airport after another cab ride filled with detours because Albany looks like the set of a movie. Trees are down everywhere and it is covered in an ice blanket. I get to the airport and low and behold, I have been picked to get a full search. I am talking croch grabs here.

The only saving grace was that the flight was on-time and I met a lovely gentleman who I believe I entertained for the very short flight. I am home for a night and then off to Columbus tomorrow. Let's hope that it only gets better from here....................8AM Sunday, CBS, be there or be square. Yea, I said it.

No comments: