Tuesday, December 2, 2008

LBD for BHP (Big Holiday Party)

Round two for holiday greatness! I always love the idea of making the most of every purchase... Why buy a cute cocktail dress that you will only wear a few times a year? This style is perfection for all year round. Layer up, layer down, either way this look is super complimentary to most curvy body types. I love the simplicity of it because you can literally create a look based on your choice of accessories. Keep it simple with your diamond studs, pointed patent leather pumps and a big cocktail ring or layer on the bobbles! I would, of course, do it up big. Tons and tons of gold bracelets that don't necessarily go together. A big pair of drop earrings, large clutch and sexy booties would be my finishing touches.

This dress can be whatever you want it to be. Once you have seen Santa off, wear it to your friends nighttime wedding or throw on a cropped blazer with black high boots and rock it on a Friday night. Worth your pennies so break open that piggy bank, throw on your Spanx and show off your individual style.

Dianne Von Furstenburg "Olsen" Dress
$365.00

2 comments:

Shana said...

I was at my local Nordstrom's today and saw this dress. I tried it on and fell in love! It is a fabulous dress and I could just see the possibilities. I knew I had to have it! I would love to hear any other ideas you have for accessorizing it! Thanks!

Amy Salinger said...

I already thought of other ideas the moment I posted it:) I would add a thick black patent leather belt and high black leather pointed toe boot to go totally vamp. Add a textured tight for just a slight sexy pop that will also keep you warm!