Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Finally! The Right Way to Tuck Jeans into Boots

First things first, I am SO sorry that I have been MIA for a bit! The traveling for my media tour got to be crazy and truthfully, I was on a mini-holiday the past two days in New Orleans after my last TV hit there. I was busy re-invigorating the town by spending my hard-earned cash on amazing vintage jewelry. I think I am in love with the french quarter:)

Now back to the business at hand, how the hell do you tuck your jeans into boots....properly? One of my least favorite things that I am forced to see everyday is jeans IMproperly tucked into boots. This occurs because people cannot seem to find a simple and logical way to get this task done. This trend is not going away because it is warmer and functional during the winter months so let me now tell you the RIGHT way to get this look!

Step one, buy a pair of jeans that are stupidly skinny and look borderline ridiculous on their own. You know the ones, they are totally annoying to get on because they have the skinniest ankles in the world and you have trouble getting your normal sized feet through them. Also, make sure that they are tight through the knees, that is truly the trouble area once they are tucked (just like this lovely model is clearly showing on her right leg). Step two, buy tube socks. Ok, maybe not tube socks, but they should be sufficiently high without showing above the top of your boots. Step three, tight roll the bottom of the jean to smooth out any possible loose material. You don't have to do the full out tight roll, just fold it over left to right (or vice versa) at the back. Now for the final step, pull your sock (which should already be on your foot so it is ready to go!) over the tight rolled jean to keep it in place. Now pull on your boot and you should be good to roll!!!!

The only other important part that will make this whole system run smoothly is to do this entire process with your leg as straight as possible, just as you would be standing up. It may not look pretty while you are going through this ridiculous amount of work (it really isn't that hard:), but damn girl, at least I won't be shaking my head as I walk by upset by your "loose knees" jeans.

Picture courtesy of BCBG runway show

No comments: