Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Stylish Winter Coats


The weather outside may be frightful, but at least you don't have to look it. For those of us living in the colder parts of the world, we may complain (a lot), but as far as style goes, layer on the fabulousness!

Never underestimate the power of a phenomenal winter coat. Just like an amazing bag, it is an investment piece. You will wear it repeatedly so the breakdown cost is really not that bad. Seriously people, this piece goes on OVER your entire outfit so it IS the outfit... at least while you are outside. Make it stupendous. Yes, I said stupendous.

Last year I bought the most expensive coat I have ever purchased. It was $600 and I think I threw up a little in my mouth when I bought it, but damn, was that thing worth it! I wore it all of the time as it was most warm coat and everyone from homeless people to my higher end clients raved about its obvious beauty. There is no way you are going to see me swipe my card for $600 if I don't think the world is going to fall over backwards to tell me how awesome I look:)

This winter coat is by my favorite coat designer, Mackage. He is brilliant. He manages to combine functionality and design to perfection. Most of his coats have this higher collar which allows you to ditch the scarf. Ah, one less thing to carry. All of the designs always skim your body often having some sort of exquisite belt. His work is all in the details and definitely never has you saying, "boring!". An investment piece? Yes. Might you regurgitate your lunch a bit when you purchase it? Probably. Is it worth it? Hell yah!!!!!!!!

P.S. A lot of times Mackage coats are also available at Loehmans for half the price! Search my fair shopping friends!

Mackage Silver Coat JUJU-V

$781.00

No comments: